Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes

Hi!

After being at work all day it can be hard to find the energy to cook an evening meal. This week I was feeling quite tired so I needed something quick and easy to make. On the 'Tasty' app I found a recipe for a one pan roasted chicken and sweet potatoes. I hadn't tried sweet potatoes before even when there was a craze for sweet potato chips so I was excited to try them and see if they were tastier than normal potatoes.

For one serving you will need:
1 diced sweet potato,
1 sliced lemon,
1 cup of green beans,
1 tablespoon of olive oil,
1 tablespoon of fresh chopped rosemary,
1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme,
1 minced clove of garlic,
1/2 teaspoon of salt,
1/4 teaspoon of pepper,
1 chicken breast,
and 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.

I swapped out the green beans for some carrots and the rosemary and thyme for some mixed Italian herbs. Also, I didn't add any lemon.

The first step is to cut your vegetables up and then add the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix this together until the vegetables are fully coated. I found that not a lot of olive oil is needed as when it cooks the olive oil mixes with the juices from the chicken so it can make it quite oily. Once mixed it goes into the tray ready to be cooked. The chicken also needs to be seasoned with salt and pepper and then sprinkle paprika over the top. You can change how much paprika you add depending on how spicy you want it to be. This goes on top of the vegetables and can then be put in the oven which needs to be at 190 degrees Celsius. It needs to be cooked until the chicken is no longer pink. I put mine in for about 20-25mins. My chicken looked like this …
It does look quite orange because I had sweet potatoes and carrots instead of green beans but it tasted lovely. You couldn't taste the herbs on the vegetables much but they still tasted nice as the potatoes have a sweeter taste to them so don't need as much added flavour. I also think it would be better to stir the vegetables about half way through cooking as some of the sweet potatoes were a little bit harder than the others. Despite this they were really nice and I will definitely have them again or have sweet potato chips to have a bit of variety. The chicken was delicious. It was juicy and had very good flavours.

I would definitely have this again as it was so tasty and it is so easy to make. There also isn't much washing up as it all goes in one tray.

Let me know what you think of sweet potatoes. Do you prefer them to normal potatoes?

If you wish you can follow me on twitter @pickyeaterdiary

Bye :)

Comments

  1. What a lovely recipe! I am a bit of a picky eater myself, I don't eat chicken or any meat, but I love sweet potatoes and I'm gonna advise this recipe to my brother! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe sounds lovely! So easy and quick after a long day at work. I am a big fan of sweet potato chips, I find with a little hummus dip they make a lovely little snack.

    Cordelia || cordeliamoor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had hummus but I will have to try it one day!

      Delete
  3. Yum! I'm trying to make it with regular potatoes: in Italy I find it difficult to get the sweet ones at the supermarket...Great blog!
    Miss Doll - https://missdollreviews.wixsite.com/sextoyreviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing. I'm always looking for new recipes to try out and I love sweet potatoes. They're so healthy and filling. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    Nicola
    http://nicshealthylife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds yummy!! Will be trying. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried sweet potatoes in years! I'm not in a position to cook at this time, but this does look like a quick and easy , nutritious fix. Thank you for sharing. Lisa at loveincarcerated.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had sweet potatoes outside of in fry form, which I LOVEEEE, but this looks so good!! Definitely want to try this for some meal prep.

    Kimberly | lifeofkimberly.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dish looks delicious!! I will surely try this recipe.
    Sweet potatoes are good, but I can't prefer them over normal potatoes. Occassionally it's good, healthy and tasty.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts