Mercia Marina - The Beetroot Tree

Hi!

I went for a day out with my family to Mercia Marina. It has some lovely shops, places to eat and canal boats. You can also stay there on holiday rather than just go for the day.

For our dinner we went to The Beetroot Tree café and it was lovely.  I had a hunters chicken sandwich but it looked more like a panini to me. In the sandwich there was chicken, bacon, cheese and BBQ sauce and it was so delicious. It also came with vegetable crisps which I was unsure about and a side salad.


As you can see, the panini was very full so it was very filling! However, I couldn't leave any because it was too tasty. I also tried the vegetable crisps and I did actually like them. They were crunchy like crisps but they tasted a bit sweeter. I think they would be a good alternative to normal crisps if you're looking for a healthier option. I will definitely be on the look out for some packets so I can swap them for normal crisps! I'm not sure what vegetables were used, as there was a mix, but I think some might have been carrot, parsnip and beetroot. I am going to attempt to make some of my own in the future and, of course, I'll share with you how they turn out!

Do you have any healthier alternatives for unhealthy foods?

Bye :)

Comments

  1. I love vegetable crisps, would love to hear how yours turn out if you make your own! Also, that sandwich sounds SO GOOD.

    Jas xx | https://thoughtsfromjasmine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be posting them on here when I do make some! It was a great sandwich!

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious!
    Xo | www.sarahjuneblog.com ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to how your crisps turn out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I can make some tasty ones so I can have them more often!

      Delete
  4. Trying to comment again. Hope this works this time.
    We used to visit Mercia when it was just boats and a cafe. Must go there again. Great blog post and the good looks delicious. Marie-Céline x
    PS can only comment if I log in to my old blogger blog it seems!
    My new blog is mariexceline.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks tasty! I eat so much better now I eat vegan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about trying to be vegetarian but not sure if I'd manage it

      Delete
  6. This looks delicious. Lovely blog post <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks sooo yummy! Such a lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts