My Weekly Exercise

Hi!

I asked on twitter (mine is @pickyeaterdiary if you want to follow me) what you wanted to see on my blog and you wanted me to write about my exercise and having a good mental health as well as what foods I've tried. So, I will share my views on these topics but different things will work for different people.

This week I will be sharing what exercise I typically do in a week. This can vary slightly depending on the free time I have and my motivation. I try to do as much as I can because you need to exercise as well as eat healthily to loose weight/ maintain your figure.

1. Dance classes

I had to stop going to my dance class when I moved to uni but this year I am living at home so I can go back! I'm really excited to go back because it is my favourite form of exercise. I think the music makes it more enjoyable. I have fun when I dance so I don't find it as tiring as other forms of exercise. My shoes are quite worn because I've been going for a long time.
2. Go to the gym

I go to the gym once a week. I don't have much time to go more than once a week and it would also be more expensive. When I was at uni I went to the gym in my accommodation block but I only used the treadmill. Now, at the gym at home, I've started to use more machines and I've kind of built up a routine from going throughout summer. I normally stay there for about an hour to an hour and a half which I think is plenty of time. At the gym I do cardio as well as some weights. If you want to know my full routine then let me know and I can share it with you.

3. Home workout/exercises

At home I have a few exercises that I try to do everyday, often in the morning. They only take me like 10-15 minutes to complete and it makes me feel more ready for the day. I do exercises such as sit-ups to try and keep myself more toned. If you want my full workout let me know and I will post it on here.

I'm not perfect so sometimes I don't go to the gym or I don't do my daily exercises at home but we all need to rest sometimes and it is important not to overwork yourself. What is your favourite type of exercise to do?

Bye :)


Comments

  1. heck, this makes me sound lazy haha. please motivate me. http://smilerofdestiny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mange to d them all every week haha. apart from dancing because I enjoy it

      Delete
  2. This is great! I used to do ballet classes when I was in primary school and I regret stopping :( I really want to get into going to the gym though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dancing! I had to stop for uni and I missed it a lot so I'm really happy to be going back

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely post! My only exercise is... walking, haha!
    https://octoberslallu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is better than nothing! Thank you so much for following! :)

      Delete
  4. It’s so good that you have a form of exercise that you enjoy, and that you mix up different workouts. Would love to know what your home work out routine is? I’ve just started doing some basic yoga (body allowing) in the mornings. Would love any and all advice.xx

    angelwingsandpetticoats.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My home workout is mainly sit-ups, leg raises and push ups but if you want to read it in more detail I will be doing a post on it. I think it is important not to push yourself as that's when you'll get injured. Yoga sounds like a very good idea although I haven't tried it myself. My main advice would be to keep going with it and push yourself when what you're doing gets easy.

      Delete
  5. Dancing is a fun work-out! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The one thing I regret not doing in my life is not learning how to dance! I'm so jealous!

    Liv x
    www.seabreezecorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss dancing so much! I'm really jealous you've kept it going whilst at uni, what types do you do? I see some possible ballet and maybe tap shoes there? I haven't been to the gym in ages and it's unlikely I'll go back, I prefer outdoor activities instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to go back. Yeah I do ballet, tap and modern. It's definitely better to do something you enjoy rather than making yourself go to the gym.

      Delete
  8. I like watching Strictly on TV 😃
    I do wish sometimes I could dance properly like my grandparents might have done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts