Fruit Skewers

Hi!

This week I made some fruit skewers for a light lunch/snack. I saw the recipe in one of my student cook books and they are really easy and simple to make. All you need is some skewers, some fruit, some golden syrup and some chocolate.

On my skewer I had apple, banana, pineapple, and strawberries. Obviously you can add other fruits or change them depending on what you like. I don't usually like pineapple and strawberries but I wanted to try them as my aim is to eat more healthy foods. Before you can start making the fruit skewers you need to soak the skewers in water because this will stop the wood from burning when you grill them to caramelise the golden syrup. However, I didn't grill them in the end so I don't think that step was necessary this time.

To make these all you have to do is chop your chosen fruits into chunks and slide them onto the skewers (being careful not to poke yourself which I did several times). You can then drizzle the golden syrup on them and if you want to caramelise them you would grill them at this point. After you have to melt the chocolate and then drizzle it on the skewers. My skewers looked like this...
There is quite a lot of chocolate on them which does make them less healthy but you can reduce the amount of chocolate you put on them so they can be healthier. I actually surprised myself and I really enjoyed them. I already like banana and apple so I was happy to eat them but I was unsure about the pineapple and strawberries. I actually really liked the pineapple because it was nice and sweet but I wasn't as keen on the strawberries. I think it was because of the seeds and they seemed more sour than the pineapple but I could still eat them if I had to. 

Overall, they were really nice and I would make them again. I think next time I would use less chocolate to make them healthier and swap the strawberries for a different fruit. Let me know if there's a fruit that you think I should try. 

Let me know if you make these and if you liked them.

Bye :)

Comments

Popular Posts