Banana and Chocolate Chip Energy Bites

Hi!

This week I made some banana and chocolate energy bites which are great as a healthier snack to give you an energy boost. I got the recipe from the Tasty app which is on the app store and google play store. You can find the recipe by searching 'Banana and Chocolate Chip Energy Bites' on there.

To make these you will need a banana, oats, almond butter, honey and chocolate chips and there is no cooking required. I actually made them with hazelnut chocolate spread instead of the almond butter because that was all I could find. In the end they looked like this...
They didn't go exactly as planned but I think they taste better than they look. One problem I had was that when the mixture had been in the fridge it wasn't solid. I would recommend putting it in the fridge for longer than 90 minutes or put it in the freezer. It was difficult to make them into balls with your hands because they were still quite gooey so I ended up using two spoons. Once I had rolled them into balls I put them in the freezer and they did harden up a little bit.

I think that they tasted lovely. The banana wasn't too overpowering but you could still taste it and the chocolate chips made it a bit sweeter. I would definitely make these again as they were so easy to make. I managed to make about 15 balls which is a good amount but if you're making them for a lot of people then you will have to use more ingredients.

Let me know if you make these and what you think of them!

You can also follow me on twitter if you wish. My username is @pickyeaterdiary

Bye :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts